Monday, April 28, 2008

Use Your Free Credit Report to Fight Debt

Without doubt you have heard a commercial-free credit reports. They play every thirty seconds on television and every commercial break on the radio. If you like me, you generally ignore them all or change the station, but they can actually be a very useful tool.
I have never taken advantage of a free credit report to the spring of this year. Last year, when I bought my house, the bank told me my credit score, which was quite high. I never really thought twice about this, because at the time I had no debts and always paid off all my cards in full at the end of the month.
As I began the search for ways to reduce my debt and improve my financial situation, I realized just how much I was paying in the interest every month. One of the credit report commercials to my attention, how can your credit report to reduce your interest rates.
I have some searching and found Credit.com. After reading through the website, I decided if I really wanted to reduce my records I needed to the three credit-reporting agencies. You have absolutely all the information about your credit score and history. It does cost about $ 30, but it has more than paid for itself in the past three months.
When I received my credit report, I went to work reading all the user agreement, I had on my credit cards. I suggest that all this is done, because there are a lot of factors, in what your interest is on credit cards. For instance, your rates can go if you are late paying your bills for utilities.
With my credit report in hand, I called my credit card company and spoke with a customer service representative. I pointed out that, while I have some debts and a balance on my card, I have a high credit score, because I always pay bills on time. After a few points which I flat out asked if they believe lower interest rate two points to help me continue to pay off my balance.
I was very skeptical at first, but sure enough, they called their superiors, and they authorized reduction my interest rate, what I asked. I kind of wish I had asked for more to be taken off, but greedy. This is just one example of how your credit report can you.
If you are looking for a better course for a car loan, you can always with your credit report indicates a good credit history. By showing that you pay on time, every time, lenders are often more inclined to order a lower rate.
You may not want to spend $ 30 on the three credit reporting agencies, as I did, but I commend your free credit Report. You can use this service free of charge once a year to keep tabs on your credit score and if you go in the right direction.
I Credit.com recommend for your report, because not only your Its report, but they also offer advice on how Use your report to your advantage. Credit.com also has a large library of articles and resources to improve your score.
Quit pay high interest rate, if you have a good credit rating. Sometimes all you have to do to pay less, ask.
Live Today, plan for tomorrow at Dollars and Sense



Bookmark it: del.icio.usdigg.comreddit.comnetvouz.comgoogle.comyahoo.comtechnorati.comfurl.netbloglines.comsocialdust.comma.gnolia.comnewsvine.comslashdot.orgsimpy.com

No comments: